Stack Audio Auva Isolator

I just ordered a set of these. They are supposed to be better than the Iso-Acoustics or even the Townshend podiums for speakers.

Anyone try these yet?

Auva Isolator - Stack Audio

ozzy

128x128ozzy

@theaudiotweak "Below the threads are 2 locking nuts. Those have rights angles on their exterior"

How do round nuts have right angles?

Regardless of that comment or any of the rest of your response have you actually tried the Stack Audio Auva to provide 1st hand comments vs your theory? I have them and they live up to the manufacturer's statements

Facten,

The nuts are threaded to a shaft that is attached to the device which is flat and creates the right angle where they intersect. This flat device acts as a backboard for interfering energy to travel back and for between the device and the component which pollutes the component.

Thanks for having me look at this device again as I see another source for interfering energy (Shear) to develop and that is the coarse knurling on the surface of the 2 nuts attached to the interference created by the threads of the shaft. More shear>>>

You could go to an online store such as McMaster Carr or even a local hardware store and find brass washers and nuts and a brass threaded shaft as superior substitutes for some of these knarly parts and hear a difference for yourself. Of course, the shaft may not be removable.  Or design your own as I pretty much told you what not to do and make a better one. I do have cryod micro bearing steel of various ODs that are superior in sound to that of tungsten because they have a lower shear wave velocity. I have tried many different materials in many different ODs or powders. Powders over damp the sound so the hard choice is to select from many sizes of bearings and their material makeup.

TomD

Which I have a US patent on fill materials for string instruments and legs and footers for audio gear. TomD

Leave you all with this. Shape is very important. 

Smooth shaped with hidden seams and joints can make a huge difference in how music travels. Be a brick as are most of the devices shown look, or be a bullet as are none of the devices shown look. Visible seams create shear and generate drag. Have fun. You will be in the same place again next year looking at the same thing different name with the same wrong understanding. TomD