Stack Audio Auva Isolator

I just ordered a set of these. They are supposed to be better than the Iso-Acoustics or even the Townshend podiums for speakers.

Anyone try these yet?

Auva Isolator - Stack Audio

ozzy

128x128ozzy

The floor of your room is at a minimum 1/6 of the entire surface area of all other planes of your room. The idea is how to best use that surface area to its maximum benefit. TomD

@theaudiotweak "Products such as these made with right angles sitting on points that have only one angle are inferior."

How does the description above associate with Stack Auva or EQ?

Let’s start from the top.

You see an adjustable thread.

Adjustment is good but threads exposed increases the time energy flows..not in a straight or uncorrupted line.

Exposed threads generate shear wave energy. Waves that travel in 2 directions. That means the energy from one thread to the other is reflected back and forth. This creates even more interference.

Below the threads are 2 locking nuts. Those have rights angles on their exterior and also generate shear.

If the nuts and the threaded stud are made of dissimilar materials those 2 at their boundary intersection also generates interfering energy.

Is the threaded stud the nuts, as well as the material of the outer diameter of the device made of the same material? Different materials different speeds.

The top and the bottom of the device are flat.

The flat top has no direct coupling to the device it is supporting.

Any energy that arrives at the top flat will be reflected back up at the device at rest. It will be reflected upward at the resting device thru the 2 nuts also with sharp edges and the corruption of the threaded stud.device..All that corrupted energy is now at the bottom of the component.

At the bottom you have another flat surface with 3 sharp points made of another material and speed.

These points have only 1 primary angle which means the floor bounce of energy will be reflected back up into the flat bottom of the large bottom of the disc.

I can’t see the inside but I know how bad or good tungsten can sound. Either by diameter, shape or added alloys. As a pure element tungsten unaided without an additional element makes for a musical image that is in your face as it climbs the wall and rests at the ceiling boundary intersection. Totally unreal and nearly painful.

Devices like the one reviewed mostly share all the above descriptions..

I have spent countless hours and thousands of dollars on my use of tungsten in one of my devices. I arrived at the very smallest cylinder tempered with the addition of another element cut and polished by diamond. That’s all I will share.

Thank you for your question.

TomD

I would like to know how the Stack AUVA EQ compares to Stillpoints SS Ultra.

@wcheng2 has reported its not as good as the Critical Mass, but they are very expensive. The AUVA is bargain priced compared to other isolation footers. The SmoothLAN is as well, so it must be the philosophy of Stack Audio to provide great value.

I have one set of the Stillpoints SS Ultra and its frankly amazing on any component, even the power distributor, or the Nordost grounding box. I wish I had 5x more sets, but if the AUVA EQ is close it would be great as its 1/6th the price of a set of Stillpoints.

agisthos,

I started out with the Stillpoints Ultra SS, then went to the Critical Mass Footers. Big improvement.

I do have a set of the Stack Audio Auva under my Lumin X1, and compared it to the Critical Mass Footers and honestly, they were very close in sound quality. The edge goes to the CM footers.

ozzy