SS amp - which one ???

I've been a tube guy for 20 years now but Im thinking of switching over to a SS amp. Budget is $1500 for a nice used amp. I'd like an amp with tube flavor.
Preamp VTL 2.5, Speakers QUAD 22L2, Velodyne FSR-15,
Jolida JD 100 lvl 1 cd player, Thorens table. I see a Luxman M4000 that I've heard is good even by todays standards. A friend mentioned Belles. I like pop/rock, jazz, and blues. Any suggestions are welcome?
Thanks and remember our military men and women this weekend.
pdspecl
I just recently purchased and now enjoy the TAD-125, "Hibachi" mono block amps that I bought for the same reason (sub for tube amps). Paul Grzybek designed it specifically to pair with tube preamps. I just sub'ed for a 300B amp and could not be more delighted. Sonically more even than the 300B, but the midrange is very, very close. This is accomplished according to Paul by not canceling harmonic distortion of the kind that tube amp produce. Excellent micro dynamics, without sounding dark. Highly recommended. Keep in mind that Paul designed and repairs tube amps so it is safe bet that knows what he's talking about...
I am an integrated tube guy (Cary 300 SEI and Cayin A-88T) and a solid state guy. The most musical SS equipment that I have owned was made by Ayre. A used V3 should be in your price range. I also like McCormack amps. I have had the DNA 0.5 Deluxe and currently have a DNA-1 Deluxe (purchased to drive Magnepans). You could also consider a D-class amplifier. I had a Bel Canto S300 that definitely did not sound like a standard SS amp, nor did it sound like a tube amp to me. I wound up selling it because I had an Ayre AX-7e that was a very nice match with my Spendor S8e speakers.