Spectron Musician III MK.2 or Audio Research DS450

Has anyone listened to the new Audio Research DS450M mono blocks or the DS 450 stereo Class D amp's and compared them to the Spectron Musician III MK.2?..
audiozen

Showing 6 responses by mikicasellas

Hello Audiozen,

I am trying to decide between D-Sonic m2 (600 or 1200) or NewClear CL1000l or W4S SX-1000

Any suggestions which will be the best performer...i emailed with Sean form NewClear and he said his technology outperforms D-sonic's.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

All the best

Miguel
Audiozen,

Thanks for your feedback,

Despite the tech and mods on any of these brands, do you still consider W4S is the best choice sound wise?

Glen from 6 moons said that he consider the W4S is a cooler sound than the D-sonic and Jeff Dorgay claims that New Clear is beyond the mAmps of Wyred4sound...there is where iam hesitating.

Butb actually as iam going to purchase both W4S DAC2 SE and STP-SE preamp, match would do a pretty important synergy, right?

Miguel
Audiozen

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, very thankful

I am an 80´s and 90´s guy who loves music more like Rush, The Police, Sade, Bowie, Sting, Ac/DC...Rock, heavy, jazz, Pop, latin, New age (Andreas Vollenweider) and so, its kind of very mix but i don´t hear any classical at all.

Considering my style of music do you prefer the Parasound above any of the Class "D".

Klaus from Odyssey was giving me a deal on his Kismets in Stratos cases with all his upgrades for $3,500 pair of monos, any thoughts?

Thanks again for your kind help man.

All the best

M.
Audiozen

The speakers that i already have are the Golden Ear Triton Two's with powered subwoofers (Class "D") already...

Regards

M.
Audiozen,

Let me check on that!

I just sold my Calyx DAC to a guy who after some different audio systems he is now using the Primaluna Prologue set (preamp and monos) and he says it outperforms his last Roguepreamp with Kismet's Stratos and other setups, also i have had some chats with the team of GE and they say that the Triton can handle any kind of amp very well, i saw a BAT (bk6200 2-channel) also, how would put this one against the Parasound?

Best regards

Miguel
Thanks Audiozen,

That sound great!

I have a doubt in two things regarding TUBE gear:

Why don't they use Balanced inputs and outputs and are the watts on TUBES same as the watts on SS?

Best

Miguel