Speakers to mate with McIntosh gear

Hello,

I have a 13 X 16 X 8.5' room that I use a McIntosh C2200 preamp and MC402 amp in. My source is an Esoteric DV-50S. The room doubles as a HT arrangement as well as 2 channel. Currently, I own the Dynaudio C1's and though a wonderful speaker for jazz and classical (and I do listen to these genres too) I find it too forward and thin sounding (partic. in bass) when listening to folk rock and rock. I'd like your opinions on a floorstander for my room that is a great all rounder in music and home theater and can dig a little deeper in the bass. Thanks all. Budget would be no more than 4500 USD.
canucks0
Now your talkin Www! I remember, and have heard the Altec 604's. They were a Coax with the sectional horn mounted in the center of the driver, correct? (God, I'm really starting to show my age now!) lol

Now if we could only convice Altec, and JBL to go back to the good old days! Paragons, Hartfield, Voice of the Theaters, 4300 Series! mark
THank you everyone for your kind input. I was looking for input on a pair of medium floorstanders to mate with the current Macintosh design and that are secondly, not obtrusive and modern looking. Yes, some of your suggestions above certainly work lovely, but I was hoping for some suggestions like Totem, Sonus Faber, Merlin, PMC, Dynaudio, Usher, etc. and perhaps your direct experience with the new C2200 preamp, MC402 amp, Esoteric DV-50S source and Purist Audio cabling. Thanks all and have a good weekend. Dave