Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Back in 2002, I wrote this:

10-31-02: dacspool@yahoo.com
I bought my Martin Logan Sequels in 1987. At the time, I auditioned lots of very high quality loudspeakers including Kef 104/2, which I also liked very much, and Magnepans.

Here it is - 2002 and I still have them!! Of course they've been driven with high quality equipment, and I've taken wonderful care of them. I've had to replace the panels about 5 years ago, but other than that, they remain PERFECT! The sound still amazes me and I wouldn't trade them for anything!!!
dacspool@yahoo.com

The Sequels were nice, but I sold them and bought a pair of MartinLogan reQuests, which I loved, but they were very large, so after 5 years of the reQuests I now have a pair of MartinLogan Summits. I think I've reached the end of the line.. I like the CLX, but they're too big for my room, so the Summits will be with me until the end.

Tom
Snell JII-- easily placed anywhere in a room for outstanding sound at a very fair original price of $670, back in 1987. They are amazing when wired in a vertical bi-amp setup. Absolutely awesome. Beat speakers I've heard costing $5000! (Monitor Audio PL100)
I've had a pair of Magnepan 2.6R's for 12 years bought second hand from Sound Components in Coral Gables. Although I have had a pair of EPI M-3 towers for almost the same length of time as well as a relatively recently purchased pair of Klipsch Heresy 1's that I occasionally put up for variety, I still go back to the Maggies for genuine relaxed enjoyment.
I'VE HAD MY PARADIGM 9'S AND THE ORIGINAL STUDIO MONITORS SINCE THE EARLY 90'S PLUS A PAIR OF THE 1200 SUBS, I'LL HAVE TO GIVE THEM UP SOON BUT STILL LOVE THEM . I JUST GOT A NICE PAIR OF CARVER AMAZING PLATS ,LOVE THE LOOK BUT I WONT KEEP THEM. NOW MY LEGACY FOCUS ARE NEVER LEAVING MY SIGHT... UNLESS MY FUTURE SON IN LAW IS A TONE HEAD HE CAN HAVE THEM WHEN I DIE.
SF Guarneri Homage...haven't thought about another speaker for a split second since owning these.