Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau

Showing 3 responses by raw7145

Since I have my original pair from 1980, still playing everyday...

My choice would be the "Pioneer HPM 100!" Taking on all genres at all volume levels. Just can't part with the heart!!

I purchased my speakers brand new in 1980.  They are still functioning at their peak to this very day.  It is a very rounded speaker. I guess its most outstanding feature is the fact that it sounds the same regardless of the volume.  Clean, noted music, with just a touch of color.  Only the deepest bass passes these speakers.  I do admit they desire a sub.

Without the sub you will still be rewarded. Of course your equipment makes the speaker sing.
Mine are powered by a Dual MosFet system housed inside my Sherwood S6040 CP Push/Pull DC Power Amp. Old school NAD 114 Pre-Amp.  Producing some of the warmest sound for ears. Through the one and only "HPM 100" Loudspeakers by Pioneer. Circa 1980!
....OH yeah I paired the HPM 100's with a great team.  Energy 100's
for today's digital music.  And a strong favorite...the Klipsch SW10
Sub Woofer.