Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau

Showing 4 responses by flg2001

After spending many time and resources looking for the speaker of my life, I finnaly ended up with Avalon speakers. Happens to be that I had for quite a few years their entry model (Avatar) and lived happy, until the &^(*&^( distributor appeared and offered me the brand new, highly regartded XXXX speaker. I traded in the Avalons and the nightmare began and lasted for 5 years until I came back to AValon (Eclipses now). Same relaxed, dynamic, musical sound I like.

Not for all tastes, but great for mine.

Fernando
Lafolia: Congrats for your Model 8. I also had that amp with my Avatars and really, you are cooking with gas !!!!.

Don't bother too much with the spkr wire setup, just ask your dealer to work for you a tri-wire config (three pairs of wire for the speaker side and 1 pair for the amp side) and you are set!!.

A simple version would be to just work for a single-wire at both ends and place the cardas wire bridges between the rest of the terminals at the speaker side. This wires should come with your Ascents.

At the amp side, you can run either balanced (XLR) or unbalanced (RCA) cables to your amp. My experience is that you wont find any sonic differences unless all your audio chain is balanced (mean: CDP or table). You wont place any damage to your system if cables are setup correctly, but on a doubt, ask your favourite audio dealer to install it for you at a cost. It will take less than an hour and a hundred bucks or so.

Hope this helps

Fernando
Musicubed: I also own a Denon 103r, please keep us posted so we can learn from your experience with the cartridge.

Fernando