Speakers that sing

I am now looking to upgrade my speakers to something that I consider "special" I have a Bryston 4B-ST amp, BP-25 preamp, Meridian 508.24 CD player and other assorted stuff and want to get some speakers that are great for vocalists and older jazz. I was looking at the B & W 800 used. After reading many strings, I am reconsidering. Please give me your thoughts on speakers in the 5-10K range.
bryanhod
Electrostatic loudspeakers can be stunning with vocals. They are also very good with jazz. Soundlab and Quad make the best electrostats in my opinion.
With adequate power the Magnepan 3.6's are very very hard to beat for under 5k..............
I would second the Sonus Faber Cremona and Verity Audio Fidelio recommndations. Both are excellent designs with the Cremona having an edge in terms of dynamics and the Fidelios being unsurpassed with vocals due to their elecrostatic-like midrange and sweet but extended treble.
Don't let the threads prevent you from listening to the Nautilus, it's a fantastic speaker. Listen to a variety of speakers with your ears, not others opinions, and then decide what sings to you.
Good recommendations above. For vocals and acoustic jazz I would look for a pair of Spendor SP-100s (if you have the space for them). New, with stands, they will still run toward the low end of your budget.

I've heard SP-100s paired with a Bryston amp and the combo was great.