Speakers for Yamaha AS2100

Hello all, 

was recently able to purchase a Yamaha as2100 for a really good price and was wondering what speakers would pair well with it. Budget for speakers will be $2k but am flexible. Was wondering if I could get some feedback from any AS2100 owners. Looking for bookshelf speakers preferably. Listen to a bit of everything but mainly jazz and 80s music. Will not be playing at ear splitting volumes as I live in an apartment. And feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

best,

Mike
mgrec42

Showing 1 response by cruz123

I have the as2100 and I’m using Merlin TSM’s that I’ve had for about 10 years.   I listen to a lot of jazz, jazz and female vocals and other acoustic music at low to moderate volumes and the Merlins are excellent, although they can be a bit finicky to set up.    If I listened to a lot of rock or at high volumes they wouldn’t be my first choice.   Merlins are no longer in production, but run around 1000 - 1500 on the used market depending on the version.    If I were looking to replace them, I believe Harbeth would be on my short list to audition.   You’ll love the as2100.  Enjoy!