Speakers For Rock

I am looking for speakers for rock/pop. My budget is 4000.00. I'm looking for a speaker that is good with rock, does well at the details instead of hints at them, yet at the same time is not fatiguing. The speakers I have in my main system are very good at a lot of things. However, they are not my cup of tea with the kind of music I like. They okay with poor recordings (most rock/pop). I want something that will sound killer with the poor recrodings. From reading the forums, it seems like the Von Schweikert VR 4 jrs may foot the bill. Thoughts? Thanks
128x128kclone
Hi again, Kclone.

An update on the Linbrook System - Ty now also makes a one piece model that is front ported and better if speakers require placement close to the front wall.

Best wishes for great music, whatever your decision.

John
Thanks for the responses so far guys. I did not like the looks of the Taylo Reference IIIs, or should I say I don't think my wife would go for it. I will be sure to check out the Proacs since I have never heard them. Anyway, any more suggestions?
Soliloquy 6.3, or if you want the REALLY low bass, the 6.5
You don't have to spend a lot of money to get a superb speaker that sounds good with solid state or tubes. You can pick up a pair of 6.3's used for around $1300, which IMO is a ridiculous bargain.
Under your budget, but you might like the PSB Stratus Gold speaker. It's attractive (for a box) and PSB has lots of dealers, so you should be able to personally audition a pair.