Speakers for newbie

Hi everybody,
my 1st post but i spent lots of time reading the forums.

I've got Marantz SR6006 receiver and thinking about purchasing B&W P6 series. Ill be listening 50-70% to music and 30-40% movies.

Please let me guys know what do you think, any help greatly appreciated. Sadly my budget is only $1000

thx,
eMax
4zoranss
Hi guys,
we got the keys yesterday and moving in on Thursday :).

As of the room: Its 18' x 24'. So I will be about 12 feet away from the front speakers.

So i went to Magnolia and listened to couple what they had Martin Logan Motion 40, they were okay. From the B&W selection I like the CM9’s the best (but they are $1500 per speaker).

Also I went to another shop and listened to KEF Q700, they sounded pretty good ( there is a pair being sold on audiogon web site, 40 miles away from me). So then I asked to listen to KEF R700 and they sounded 10 times better then Q700 :/. I also listend to R series that was bookshelf and did not like it at all. I liked better the B&W bookshelf. I think sound was more richer.

I am reading a lot of good things about Tekton M-Lores and Lores (that are in my price range) and I am thinking about to pull the trigger on Lores. Do you think size of my room is adequate?

Or should I go and listen to some more speakers?
With a room that size...you are going to need a sub with monitors...as they can get "lost" in large rooms...or an 8" driver or more floorstander...different opinions abound on which is better...since bass is often the Achilles heal of tower speakers...those opt for a sub...however...towers don't need stands (an often overlooked hidden cost)... and perform their best in larger rooms...a pair of older PSB golds would be very nice...and well under budget...
Something like this?
http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-psb-image-t6-great-bass-soundstage-2013-06-09-speakers-94566-pleasanton-ca
Post removed 
You seem to know what you like and don't like, so I'd highly recommend getting out and hearing more speakers. Once you have a broader frame of reference it will make it much more likely you'll find "The One." And it's fun.

That said, in case it wasn't mentioned earlier, I'll throw out the Silverline Preludes as a good option to audition if you can. Their Minuet monitors would also be good and are well below your budget new, but you may find yourself searching for a sub a little earlier. Best of luck and congrats on the new place.