Speakers for a large room for around $1000

I am moving soon into a new house where the main room is about 12x14ft with a vaulted ceiling up to the second floor (maybe about 15-20 ft high).

I am looking for 2-channel stereo speakers exclusively for music. I don't really play my music that loud, but I do like the music to really fill up the room. I'm not a huge audiophile (meaning I'm not going to spend a lot of time analyzing or obsessing over my speakers)--- all I'm looking for are some good solid speakers that have a good frequency response (and might sound good with a tube amplifier).

My budget is about $1000. I could stretch that up to maybe $1300, but I'd have to be convinced the extra is really worth it. I'd also really prefer to have new speakers, mostly for the warranty. Though again, I could be convinced otherwise if it's worth it.

I've considered speakers from a whole bunch of manufacturers, i.e, Paradigm to B&W, Axiom, DefTech, Klipsch, Polk, etc, but due to my geographical location I'm really not able to demo many, so I'm stuck trying to make this decision based on online reviews. It's tough for me to separate audio speakers from home-theater speakers just by reading reviews.

Any and all help is really appreciated!
blnd2spll
BLnd2spll,just a quick question,if you do not mind before you pull the trigger,what kind of music do you listen to mostly? and what is your tube gear?
Blnd2spll,There is one more speaker that you should really consider,it is cosmeticly beautiful,very well built and sound is excellent.mates very well with tubes very very room friendly,it is the vianna acoustic mozart. if you look on audiogon their is a pair of mozart for 1000.00 used retail is 2800.00 then another pair of mozart grands for 1300.00 used 3000.00 retail.I can asure you out of the vandersteen,mirage,and other speakers mentioned these viannas for the money will well outperform the speakers you are considering.and the wife will love the looks of them.because of the wife factor and what you are looking for, money wise,being you want a floorstander can not think of a better speaker.and you can give them a listen at your local best buy store.last i knew they carry vianna. please do not think i am trying to promote any for sale listings,it is just that i love this hobby and been into it for 22years,have owned over 20 pairs of speakers and travel to many audio shows.and have helped many friends put budget systems together.just something i love to do. good luck dave
Dmastri - in terms of music, I listen to a lot of alt-country, folk rock, straight folk/acoustic music; a fair amount of classical and minimalist neo-classical, and then some rock and alternative music thrown in.

I don't have any tube gear or any in mind. This is just something I would like to have the option to try at some point (mostly because of my love of guitar tube amplifier). But, I am willing to sacrifice this requirement if it just seems too difficult to satisfy.

I have been considering the Viennas, and I keep eying that pair for 1000. I guess my biggest hesitation with them is the finish, I'm really not a piano black fan. Though again, maybe that's the sacrifice I'll have to make for good speakers...

At this point the Paradigm Monitor 7s have moved up into the front again, mostly because of the WAF appeal, I've actually had a chance to listen to them, and there are some suggestions that they might work well with tubes. My biggest concern with them is that they will have trouble with the size of my living room, though from what other people have said, I shouldn't really be worried about my room size that much.

Unsound, You're a funny guy. Did it appear that way? Sorry about that. I was posting a response to your last post.

I am trying to say I am not picking on Vandersteen in any way since I also agree some Vandersteen models are a terrific bargain and I have enjoyed Vandersteen speakers in the past. However, I would still be leary of buying a used pair of Vandersteens speakers without know the speaker's history. The only other speakers I would be this concerned about would be Martin Logan CLS and Quad Electrostatics.