Speaker suggestion for 600.

I need help on the best speakers for <$600 preferably new, but would consider used if not very old. I have a Acurus A-250 and L-10 preamp, bought recently.

I am considering the Magnepan MMG (with a sub which I already have) and would appreciate suggestions for speakers equal or better in performance ie., sound for this price to audition. Ideally I would like to spend no more than $500 for the pair.

thanks
pranagas

Showing 2 responses by dekay

Rayasa: How large is your listening room and what type of music do you generally listen to? The answers to these questions will help others and myself make more informed and perhaps even better recommendations,
Your room should accomodate quite a range of speakers. Although they are at the top of your budget, I think that you would really enjoy the MMG's. What they lack in dynamic ability they more than make up for in other areas, especially considering their cost. Another speaker to consider is the Castle Richmond (often discounted for $329.00 from its $500.00 list price). The Richmonds would also require stands (24" ones would do and should be available for $100.00 or less) and they have a big presentation from a small package. The Castle Pembroke may also be available at a discount as well (perhaps at around $550.00 or so) and it is a floor stander.