Speaker recommendations in the $3,500-$4,000 range

I'm in the market for a good, full-range speaker for simple stereo listening. I have an Anthem TLP-1 preamp, and will probably get an anthem amp to drive the speakers as well. I'd like full-range speakers (where no sub is needed)...and my budget will be between $3,500-$4,000.

I just finished mastering a CD at MasterMix in Nashville, so I've spent 12 hours in front of the finest PMC monitor system in the US...so that is point of reference. Thanks for any input!!!
clay49
The Paradigm S4's are great value - this is an excellent speaker. They are about 6 db down at 40 Hz which is excellent for a bookshelf. Some find they sound a bit bright in the top end (this may reflect off your desk). The mid range is known for its excellent clarity.

Paradigm are a serious engineering company which design and make their own drivers.

You won't go wrong with those.
Any thoughts on Dynaudio Contour 1.3SE as opposed to the newer 1.4s? I see some Contour 1.3SEs available and was wondering if anyone has compared the two....
I'd HIGHLY recommend a used pair of merlin VSM-MMs...there are literally hundreds of glowing reviews here, at audioasylum, and at audiogon...not to mention having complete access to their designer and creator, bobby palkovic...Just a thought, but they were the best audio purchase I've ever made.
Although I've never heard them, you may want to ask about the Green Mountain Audio Callisto. They may be exactly what you're looking for.