Speaker isolation - spikes on puck, springs, sorbothane

I’ve recently become aware of the idea of using platforms like townshend, or Gaia, or a suitable Sorbothane product. My Wilson Sophia are 160lbs each and currently sit on a suspended second floor in my living room of my wood frame house. I’ve also discovered a plethora of isolating cable springs used in aviation and industrial applications. My speakers are on the wilson conical diodes and brass discs. 
there are number of ways to do this, the cable style seem they’d be the best at absorbing the widest frequencies vs a straight spring. 

any thoughts observations, cautions?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xadsell

@ditusa Interesting. I was rather excited, but my enthusiasm was dampened by the "each price" for the size I needed. It was a compelling demo; the music box test demonstrates why you want some decoupling. I feel like I am on the right path.

@adsell Wrote:

@ditusa Interesting. I was rather excited, but my enthusiasm was dampened by the "each price" for the size I needed.

My sentiment exactly! See old post 187462-179235

Mike

I discovered a combination of Sorbothane and aluminum pucks with matching diameters (49mm). I positioned the speaker spikes in the M8 threaded holes of the aluminum disk, which were partially deep, creating a platform for the Sorbothane puck. These pucks had a weight rating of 50-70lbs each, if I remember correctly. Upon my initial listen, I was pleasantly surprised by the freshness of the sound. The audio felt tighter and more coherent.