Speaker candidates/suggestions

Hi everyone! I’m thinking of upgrading the speakers in my second system and I could use your opinions and suggestions. I currently have a Belles Aria integrated and a Sugden A21 integrated that I switch around when the mood hits. I stream via Bluesound Node. My room is approx 15’ wide x 30’ length in size and carpeted. My system faces the long wall. My speakers are Tekton Lore Reference. Budget is $2-3k.My musical tastes are all over the place---I can listen to Ella, Johnny Cash, then Dean Martin then deep house and 80s alternative or classic rock. Listening volumes are average: 70s-80s db. I have a REL T7x if I need one.

From doing some research, I’ve come up with 3 candidates---let me know what you think:

1. Vandersteen 1ci+ (pairs well with Belles and somewhat efficient at 90db)

2. Fritz Carbon 7 SE MkII (also pairs well with Belles and Sugden and efficient, 88db)

3. Totem Bison monitor or Tower (of the 3 listed here, the Totems are the only ones I can audition here in town.) Not sure if the Sugden is enough for power.

Thanks in advance. I’m open to other speakers btw.

bluorion

I was able to audition (at home) the Totems but unfortunately they're going to be too small for my main room---I may try them in a smaller room. Hoping the Vandy's will work out.

Presuming the Totems were the Bison bookshelf speakers, how did you find them?  What were their strong points and did you keep them? Thx.

@agwca I auditioned the Bison towers, not the bookshelf speakers. They were too small for my room, unfortunately. They had great imaging and soundstage. I ended up keeping the Tektons and selling the Sugden. I kept the Belles Aria. I ended up buying the Revival Atalante 3 speakers for my primary system---fantastic speakers!