Speaker Cable Upgrade... Advice Please

My current cables are Cardas Cross.  My speakers are Wilson Sophia 2.  I just changed electronics from Audio Research tubes, PS Audio DAC, and Whest Phonostage to the Devialet Expert 220 Pro.  The sound is a bit more bright and forward than with the previous gear.  I am happy overall, but I would like to tame it a little.  I am considering an upgrade to the next price category in speaker cables.  $2-3k retail new for a 2.5 meter pair.  Any suggestions for a cable that will work well with my gear?  Any thoughts on Nordost in that price range?  Perhaps Heimdall 2?

The brands that have peaked my interest are Purist, Verastarr, Nordost, and Cardas.

thanks!
Mark
marktomaras

Showing 1 response by clarke10925

In regards to PCs making a difference. I came across a screaming deal on 3  Valhalla PCs, 2 meters for $500 each.I also bought Valhalla 4 meter Speaker cables for $900. The speaker cables were in rough shape. I sent them back for repairs. 2 weeks later I received the Speaker wires back and recertified. $620 charge. While the speaker cables were in repair, I put the PCs into the system. 0ne into my preamp the other 2 into my mono blocks. Wow was I amazed. A veil had been lifted. The music is more detailed while being very relaxed. As a point of reference I was using Analysis Plus prior. Never thought I'd see that type of change. As a side note I'd never spend the MSRP on the Nordost cables.