speaker cable suggestion for Magnepans

I have a pair of Magnepan 1.6's and am looking to buy some used biwire cables in the $200-400 range. Does anyone know what mates well with maggies? My amp is a chord integrated, cd player is a naim 3.5 with flatcap...
dgplo
That's hard to answer without knowing how long your cables need to be. I haven't found my 1.6's to be fussy about wire. They have responded well to cheap stuff and the more expensive, revealing more detail and other positive virtues as I've used better cable. Unless you are using short runs or planning on purchasing used cable, you are likely to shortchange your system's potential at the $200-400 price point. You've got very good equipment and your system is no better than your weakest link.
my cable runs will be fairly lengthy -- about 15'...i would most likely purchase used cables, topping my budget at $400.00...also, do you think bi-wiring is necessary for this speaker?
I use Tara TFA Return Phase II with mine. A ten foot pair from Cable Company costs about $100. Love them.

With the money saved, buy yourself a better quality digital interconnect between cd and preamp.

R.