Speaker Burn In...

Hi Folks,

What methods work well with Dynaudio Focus 110 speakers to burn them in? I've heard it's a long process, so I want to do it right!

Thanks....Brian.
128x128trumpetbri
Sorry, I have poor impulse control and periodically I can't help but get off a zinger. Not here? Why not? If there is no name calling and the zing is done in moderately good taste and as long as there are no slurs or name calling?
If I goof up or say something really nutty, why not a jibe aimed at me? I'm a big fella and can take a joke, even at my expense.

While Loose may say that 'breakin is primarily mechanical' and that 'burnin is primarily electrical', I try not to use the word 'burn' and 'stereo' in the same sentence. Brings back horrible images of charcoaled boards, transformers that really stink and bulged capacitors. Makes me shudder. A personal problem or one of semantics?

Can we come up with a single term that covers both? Maybe 'run in'?

I don't know if my panel break in was due to electrical of caps forming or mechanical of the mylar stretching or settling? I just know what I heard for the first couple hours.
Hmmm...burn in, break in well we all have burnt something toast for instance. But not speakers many mechanical things get smoother with use they also wear out over time. I have to agree with the just play the speakers and enjoy crowd. All the speakers I've owned have been swapped back and forth with different equipment and in different rooms sometimes sounding better sometimes not. It seems that speakers do change over time but so might the source driving the speakers. So if your speakers sound better to you over time then they are, or you are burnt in.