Soundproofing???????????

i just moved into an apartment, no one below me so they wont hear my music. BUT the people to the right (wall) can hear everything.and i can hear them talk & yell. whats the easiest & cheapest way to fix this?? the walls seemed pretty solid when i checked them befor moving in but i guess there not soundproof..help
hifi1970
You need to live in an apt or condo that has a FIREWALL between each unit... that's the only way. I can't deal with apts. but even in my house the walls are not insulated enough because even from two houses down the idiot that loves to crank up boom-boom music in his pickup truck while he washes or works on it in his driveway comes right thru my walls..irritating... to get away from noise you need to be a millionaire and buy 20 acres and live in the middle of it.
When I lived in an apartment I had the same problem so I got some blue hard foam insulation (it was 2 inches thick and 4x8 ft sheets)and made a wall. I covered both sides with quilting material and then covered the side facing into the room with a very dense material from the cheap bin at the local fabric store. The new wall fit snuggly in place with about a two inch air pocket between it and the original wall. It held in place because I made sure the side walls and ceiling made a snug fit. It blocked out most of the sound going through that wall. Another thing I did was decouple the speakers from the floor using cork material plus a hockey puck as feet under the speakers. I was able to crank up the volume and never had a complaint in the two years I lived there. It was relitively cheap on the front end and the new tenent liked it so much she paid me exactly what it cost me.

It takes a little time to measure it and put everthing together but remember it's all for the joy of listening and enjoying the music.