sound at the record store

Went into a record store today to look around. Now I guess I AM A SOUND SNOB OR SOMETHING BUT CHECK THIS OUT....THE OWNER OF THE SHOP WHOM I KNOW PRETTY WELL JUST GOT IN A DEEP GROOVE BLUE NOTE JACKIE MCLEAN ALBUM JACKIES BAG. VERY RARE AND HARD TO FIND INDEED. HE SAYS CHECK IT OUT I CAN SELL IT TO YOU FOR $300,IT IS WORTH $800 HE SAYS.I SAY PUT IT ON AND LET ME LISTEN. HE PUTS IT ON AND HIS SYSTEM SOUNDS LIKE SHIT...I MEAN TOTAL MUDDLED CRAP AND HE SAYS SOUNDS GREAT HUH?

I JUST CANT BELIEVE THAT OWNERS OF RECORD STORES WHO ARE AROUND MUSIC AND RECORDS ALL DAY WILL PUT UP WITH THAT SOUND.IS IT ME?
fromunda
I agree with the above couple of posts. I have lived half my life in record stores. Actually, I probably couldn't even count how many records stores that I have visited.

None of them have ever had a decent system. I too, would never play a record on the tables they provide.
Post removed 
Capslock or not some people cant hear anything, I have heard $150,000 + systems that make you WONDER.
No Worries you can still be friends with the man.
I have been Fly Fishing before and the man next to me with a Stick and line tied to the end of it, was in the right spot catching fish all day along and me nothing.
That man and I when back to his house and LAUGHTED about it and still do to this day.
You are totally confused in not knowing that a record store cares nothing about how any record sounds. Hey, they are in business to buy and sell, not listen. Reminds me of care dealers, who just sell the 'deal', forget about the car itself.