Sound Absorbing Material

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for sound absorbing material that really works? I want to maximize absorbtion and minimize reflections.

Thanks,
Rick
rgodin
Read an F. Alton Everest Book, "Sound Studio Construction on a Budget" or "Master Handbook of Acoustics, 4th Edition". He has what you want to know and tons more--a must read!
Our band has Auralex(sp?) foam in our practice room and it works great. There are several companies that make similar foams, but I doubt you'd like the look of it in your house. I'm sure someone must make nicer looking stuff for home use. There are also cheaper options too...canvas paintings...wall hangings...quilts...drapes...books...well placed furniture...etc. You can do a lot without spending a fortune.
Check out the site markertek.com they have numerous sound absorbtion foam panels etc that might fit the bill. I have purchased some and they work great plus the price is very good.

Bozo
i use asc wall panels, which you can order in standard or custom fabric to match your room. they work very well and are pretty reasonably priced. www.tubetrap.com.

-cfb
Two more to look at are acousticalsolutions.com and echobusters.com. HiFiFarm.com also carries sound absorbing products including audio carpet (which I know nothing about, but the idea is appealing). One of the most impressive high end shops I've seen used a collection of very high quality/expensive Persian rugs on the walls which was absolutely stunning (though probably not as effective as products designed for the purpose).