Sorry, it’s not me, it’s you?

I’ve tried everything, but it didn’t work out.  My speakers suck.  Different cables, different music, different placement, it didn’t matter what I did.  When I replaced them with some old standbys(after burning in the new speakers for over 60 hours), the magic came back.

i just bought the speakers 2 weeks ago at the Black Friday sale, and I finally realized it was a big mistake.  So today I took them back, and frankly, I feel relieved.  
Has anyone else had this experience with speakers or components?  Maybe even after a couple of years?
213runnin

Showing 1 response by 1111art

I don't know if buying those B&W 805S speakers (two pair because they sounded so amazing) was a mistake, but...
Local Craigslist guy was selling some nice looking speakers for 2K. Never heard of the brand, Dali Helicon 400. Looked them up, nice reviews.Had to listen to them in his garage. Sounded OK, but we couldn't hear anything coming from the super tweeters (until we put on Linda Rondstadt). Bought them, put them next to the 805's. What the hell???Suddenly my 805's were fatiguing, shrill, and lacking in mid bass.Sold both pairs within a week. These Dali's were designed for my ears.
On two other occasions I purchased speakers without proper pre-investigation. Both had replacement drivers, not the originals. Do your homework.