Sophia 300B vs Jeff Korneff 45 Amp

Anyone have anyway of describing the sonic differences between Sophia Electric 9101 300B monoblock single ended amps and a Jeff Korneff 45 SET amp? (Let's assume the JK 45s have enough power to drive the speakers at around 100dB efficiency.) Thanks

- a related question would be which tubes would be preferred, Sophia, EML, solid plates or mesh plates, etc
hi_hifi
Here is my thoughts I had a Sophia Electric 300B dual mono amp for about 4 years loved it, very lush and relaxing sound did most everything good. Now comparing it to my Korneff 45/EML solid plate tubes just can't be done!!!
There is a huge difference in sound between the two, the 45 is a much more linerer tube and just cleaner sounding in every aspect. Kinda night and day difference...
the only reason to get a 300b amp instead of a 45 amp is if you need the power. period. the 300b gives one a lot more choice in speakers, but imo the 45 is superior on all counts. (assuming comparable parts/build quality)
I have both a 300b audio note 8watt amp and a triode lab 4x45 tube parallel stereo dual mono 4watt amp. The 45 EML mesh tube is the clear winner.  It’s just more refined and elegant. Music just sounds natural and pleasant. I am using 94db single driver Omega super alnico moniter speakers.

The 300b sounds a little warmer, still very nice.  45 is more precise, detailed and holographic. 
Apart from considering the specific models of amps, there are many listeners who adore the sound of amps running 300b tubes.  I will agree that the midrange, in particular, of 300b amps sound saturated and beautiful.  The upper bass/lower midrange prominence also gives that tube an invitingly warm sound.  But, for others, like me, the sound is a bit too lush and warm and amps running that tube tend to sound a bit "polite" and lacking in punch and micro-dynamics.  

The 45 tube offers, in my opinion, a much more neutral tonal balance, and has a much tighter lower bass than the 300b, and is a more lively sounding tube (apart from the lack of power output).  I own a push-pull 45 amp and I like its sound a lot.  

I also own a parallel SET 2a3 amp (Audio note Kageki).  I've run NOS RCA, EML meshplates, and EML solid plate tubes in it.  I like the sound, but, 2a3s do tend to be on the lean side (thinner upper bass than the even the 45 tube).  My Kageki amps are on loan to a friend who will be converting them to running on 45's because we both like the sound of 45's.

I have heard Korneff amps and I liked the sound and the build quality of those amps.  I've heard Sofia amps that sounded okay (not bad, but not standouts), but I wasn't that thrilled with the construction.  But, overall, I think the choice comes down to personal preference and there is no way to say whether one will like one sound over the other.  I know a lot of people who will take a 300b amp over any other type of amp because of its glorious midrange, while I prefer the 45. 

I like many other tube types and topologies as well.  The amp I currently run in my system is a pushpull amp running 349 pentode tubes; I like this amp a lot.  I also like many amps that run 6L6/KT66 tubes.  The amp I think is the best I've ever heard is a custom-built output transformerless amp running a television sweep tube of some sort.