Sony SCD-C555ES good for redbook?

I have read a lot about the Sony 333ES and of course the 777es but not much on AG about the 555. I recently saw that Stereophile gave it an A rating as a recommended component. I am interested in getting some feedback from someone who actually has heard or owns the unit. Thanks for your time! Tony
treyhoss

Showing 2 responses by rar1

Like the unit a lot. I use it with ADCOM AMP/PREAMP/TUNER equipment circa 1990; AR-302 speakers; and IXOS cables & IXOS speaker wire. SACD best sounds from Louis Armstrong Fats and Blood Sweat & Tears. Redbook equally good. Clean, clear, deep, musical all around sound. Purchased the 555, because the 333 was discontinued.
Your limited in the SACD's that you can buy. Music Direct (the web-site is not musicdirect.com, but it is either amusicdirect or musicdirecta) is the most complete source, as it is mostly SONY/Columbia & Chesky pushing out SACD's. So, Santana's Abraxas in SACD is the closest so far to 70's prog rock. I am happy with the Sony's playback of redbbok CD's and that was the primary reason for buying it.