SONY SCD-1 CD/SACD Player

I have one of the above unit which has experienced a disc reading problem. The unit must be switched on and warm up for more than 30 minutes before it can read any disc (either CD or SACD. Please advise reason or comment if anyone has experienced same kind of problem for this model.
I wish that some one will provide the contact of any service or repairing center which can do upgrade and service for this model. Thanks.
128x128scheng
The Sony 5400es is much better than the 777 I had and does not have the same type of transport so there will be no sled problems with this unit.
Once I fixed the sled drive issue (easy fix) I have had no other problems with my scd-1. However, I would be concerned about buying one because of the age and the availability of parts.

Chuck
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the information. Would you please provide more information for fixing the "Sled Drive" issue as you mentioned that it's an easy fix.
I guess easy is realative but if I can do it I feel it can't be to difficult. You really should have a copy of the service manual first of all so you know what you are getting into.

- You have to remove the transport and remove the slde drive assembly from the transport.

- Use deoxit on the sled drive motor and run the motor in forward and reverse using a nine volt battery.

- While I was in mine I lubed the sled drive and regreasesd the spindle motor.

The above may sound intimadating but it really isn't as long as you keep your head about you and take it slow and methodical.

If you e-mail me I can send you the service manual e-copy if you like.

Hope this helps.

Chuck
Try Alpha-Tech Electronics in St. Louis. Possibly one of, if not the best highend audio repiar shop in the country! You can find their info on the web: alphatechstl dot com.