Sony S7000 used as CD player

I am in thje process of drastically upgrading my system, which will eventually go through a Theta Casa Blanca for sound and home theatre. I have been out of audio for many years and I am really confused about which way to go in the format wars.Until really nice units come out that can play it all, I was going to get a CDP. However, what about the option of using my Sony 7000 CD/DVD as a transport and using the digital output through a DAC. I was thinking of picking up a used Dodson and upgrading to 24/96 or a new Bel Canto. Thanks, David Shapiro
deshapiro58b7

Showing 1 response by bkwong73

Dear David, I have a relatively good setup now for sound. I have an EAD TheaterMaster Signature preamp and their PowerMaster 2000. I was using my Sony S7000 as a transport for dvd's and cd's. But then I got a dedicated cd transport. I am using the Sony S7000 for dvd movies. But I am using an older EAD T-1000 as a cd transport. The difference was huge. With the T-1000 music from this transport made my system sound truely highend. Even the big Pioneer DV-09 didn't make a good enough cd transport. I hope this helps. Sincerely, Brian C. Kwong