Sony C333ES not working ... worth fixing/selling or recycle it??

This is an oldie (15yrs) but a goodie, manufactured when Sony overbuilt their ES line of gear.  Had been lightly used in the nursing home I work for until recently when the drawer stopped opening with CD's still trapped inside.

I live in an area devoid of repair shops except one who will charge $75 just to look at it.  The nursing home ordered a new Onkyo player to replace this one so now I need to decide whether to sell it or recycle it.  Is there still a market for a player this old?  In particular one that does not work?? 

Also I see no way to get the CDs out of the player without completely dismantling it ... removing the top cover does NOT give access to the tray.  If anyone has a tip there I would appreciate it (the CDs most likely suck so it would not be a crime to lose them).

Thx!

Jeff
jrinkerptdnet
Not sure about the laser assembly availability but that DID work fine.  Some of the modifiers of these pieces MAY still have a stock of those parts. I assume it is just the drawer mechanism that somehow failed on this one but no way to tell for sure.  I will probably just post on eBay for parts as the listing fee would eat up proceeds from the sale if I posted on AudiogoN.  Any proceeds would belong to the facility so it goes to a good cause as we are a 501(c)3 facility. 
jrinkerptdnet-

I did not think that the drive/laser assembly for the C333ES & C555ES spinners were still avail?  Keep me posted on your decision.