Sony 808ES Integrated

I just picked up a Sony 808ES Integrated and after listening to it I am amazed at the sound that comes out of it. I sold a great integrated the Unico Unison which I loved but really needed more power for some PSB Goldi's I ended up with. I looked at the MAC 6900 and the new NAD integrated but WOW this is as good or better IMHO. I know it's hard to compare given the conditions are different.

With that said I was just curious if anyone else had experience with this integrated. It seems like a real sleeper...I love finding gear that exceeds your expectations and sets the bar for value.
patriot

Showing 1 response by kotta

Sony made some great Int. amps as well as great tuners/rec's. "Linear Legato" and esp. the int. amps which also included "ACT" are extremely musical and yes, most certainly "sleepers." (I own a few of these pieces from the 80's. One is these is a TA-AX6 Int. Amp, which preceded the "ES" line which you now own.)Still sounds great. Changed the stock spk. B binding posts to some "Superior Electric" BP-31's and this really made a very nice improvement sonically. Good listening!