Songs you use when auditioning gear

What are some of your favorite songs to play when auditioning gear?  I often listen to Dreams by Fleetwood Mac.  Just about anything off of Gaucho or Aja by Steely Dan or Joni Mitchell’s Hejira or Hissing of Summer Lawns usually gets spun up too.  Dreams, in particular, is such a great song and is recorded with the balance I really like as well as a full and wide soundstage.  Wondering what some of yours are to see what I’m missing.

128x128jastralfu

@bipod72 listening to tracks across the musical spectrum you listen to is a good point.  I think I sometimes get too focused on a particular song and don’t think enough about that sometimes.

@jastralfu I can fall into the same trap where I'm really into a particular track or album and will listen to different versions to see if I can hear a difference. But then I've found myself tiring of said track or album. I think having a handful of favorite albums across genres is a good way to listen to new components and throwing in a few new / old cuts is a great way to freshen the ears. 

Whatever I’m most familiar with or have lately been listening to so I can hear what is different or improved from what I usually hear.

Post removed 

—Clarity, Female voice: Gravity (Alison Krauss/Union Station)

— Human voice: Gjeilo: Ubi Caritas (Voces8)

— Bass/Slam: Sing, Sang, Sung (Gordon Goodwin’s Big Fat Band)

— Bass Drum: March from Suite 1 (Holst) (Cleveland Symphonic Winds, Frederick Fennell (Telarc))

— Pipe Organ: Toccata and Fugue in D minor (Bach) (Michael Murray (Telarc))

— Large Orchestra:  Mahler Symphony 5 (Benjamin Zander, Philharmonia Orchestra (Telarc))

— Big Everything: First minute of Mahler Symphony 8 (Robert Shaw, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra (Telarc))