Soft squishy feet

Can anybody recommend a small soft rubber footer? I have a couple of small components, which don't have footers, that I wish to stack, but I don't want a footer that will leave a mark on the top of the unit. I was thinking about Herbies, but I don't know if they will leave a mark.

Thanks,
prpixel

Showing 4 responses by jc51373

I use the tenderfeet under a tube amp and I didn't hear a hint of difference in the sound. I will leave them of course for peace of mind, but I didn't hear a whole lot (if any difference) with them. Which may ultimately mean I need to further isolate.

Either way, shipping was fast, and overall great buying experience with Herbies.
Pubul, good point...I want to believe that is true, but the self-destructing audiophile in me always has to tweak and upgrade, and play with things. : )

Tonight I added sorbothane sheets (cut into small squares) with adhesive backing to all the edges of the shelving on my salamander rack. Again, not much of a difference, just small from my first listening session. It did however do a great job of reducing vibration in the shelf though, I can feel the difference when music is playing.
Ok, so the sorbothane under everything is a no go...I don't know if I can completely describe what it did. Everything felt darker, too dark. Voices sounded more distant, and the sound stage definitely shrank some.

So I pulled it out from the corners of the shelf where my preamp resides and it sounded immediately a little bit more back to the way it was. I think you need to be careful with this sorbothane stuff, it can really make a significant sonic difference in a system. Good or bad.

I am curious now, I pull it all out if it will sound even better. Good way to find a balance potentially.
I agree Tvad, so this was a learning experience for me without a doubt. I went with the notion that all tube equipment needed to be isolated, and that Sorbo was best for it. I was wrong.

I have since removed most of it and things are back to normal.
More to discover