SME 309 vs SME IV - sonic differences?

Hi - I would like to learn from the experts about the sonic differences of this two arms - I have read all the specifications from both of them regarding the bearing tolerances, materials, etc... but... what is the bottom line regarding sonics?

Thanks for sharing your experience, I would like to take a decision for my arm replacement.

Fernando
128x128flg2001

Showing 3 responses by flg2001

I currently own a modified RB300 (Kerry counterweight / Incognito rewire) - I am receiving various recommendations pointing to Morch as a good option as well - goshhh this is though!

Thanks so far for your feedback.
Rccc - I currently own a Dynavector XX2 (Moving coil) - do you beleive it is a good match for either the 309 or an UP4 for my Avid Volvere?
Based on my research - I am leaning towards an SME 309 for replacing my RB300 on my Volvere - yes, the iV looks great - but out of my reach if I look for a mint piece.

Morch looks good - but I have found few owners with this combo - looks like the Avid is more in the liking of SME overall.

Origin Live are modified Regas - not sure if I will get the same level of improvement that with the 309.

Gooosshhh - this is hard!!