Small family living room floor-standing speakers?

I’m looking for speakers to upgrade my music listening and provide audio for a 58” TV. The speakers have to be both wife and child-friendly. Don’t need to rock the room, but want the speakers to sonically disappear as much as possible. I need a small footprint. Budget flexible,around $1-2K. Used or new is okay.

15’ x 20’ living room, TV and sofa on opposite walls. Speakers on either side of the TV, against the wall--no space to place them away from the wall.

Stereo: Sony V-FET TA-4650 amp, server-based FLAC library of CD’s, Squeezebox system, Rhapsody streaming, Rotel CD player.

Considering: Totem (Arro?), Epos, Monitor Audio, PSB, Paradigm. I'm wary of the sound quality of on-wall speakers--is that fair?

Ideas? Thanks!
andrewhess
Don't know if the Dreamcatcher is ported or not, I don't think it is, but I have front-ported B&W 685s and they sound better on stands than they do on the wall. I was more concerned about music, which has a much higher dynamic range than movies, so that could have been an issue. The B&W 6 series' "bookshelf" speakers all have hooks installed on the back, so wall-mounting is an option for them. I have the 686 surrounds on the side walls.
If your speakers do not come with factory-installed hooks on the back, you face the un-savory task of turning screws into the speaker cabinet to attach mounting hardware, which makes me cringe a little. You could set them up on little shelves instead, I guess. Also keep in mind the binding posts in back require a bit of room off the wall to attach the wiring.
You can always try the dreamcatchers on top of a set of CMU, compare that to wall-mounted, if you like them on the CMU, then go buy some stands...
If I had a chance to do it another way, I'd have gone with floorstanders for the fronts. The 685s on stands look really nice, but they are a bit wobbly, its easy for a 5 year old to walk by and knock one off. That hasn't happened yet, luckily. I think floor standers would be more sturdy, and probably better for medium-to-big rooms.
Regarding subs, you can always buy one later. I don't think the sub needs to be the same brand as the front array (left, right and center), which all should be the same brand. If you buy full range floor-standers, you may not need a sub, lots of people don't use them. Depends on your listening tastes for music/movies. Lots of my music needs that low end, so I bought a HSU VTF-1, it makes the walls shake.
Update: I'm leaning toward the Arros, for the footprint, musicality, and this:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1072128436

--it seems Arros are very forgiving about rear wall placement.

I also found that Totem has a wall-mount accesory for Dreamcatchers, but I think it'll look stranger than having floor-standing.

Which have a better sound--Dreamcatchers or Arros?
agree on strange-looking result when mounting box-speakers on a wall. Totem has an entire line that is designed for wall mounting and these look pretty tight:
http://totemacoustic.com/english/hi-fi/on-wall/
RE Dreamcatcher vs. Arro, I would definitely say Arro because of the better frequency range, you will be using these as fronts, so I recommend something that has better low end, and bigger sound, than a bookshelf. I also recommend cutting/folding a piece of paper to the width and depth of the arro, placing that on the floor, then extending a tape measure to the height of the speaker. This will help you visualize it in your living room. They might be smaller than you think!