Sim W-3, W5 vs Classe 201

Which one is better to drive B&W 804 Nautilus? And why?
Anyone compare the two? Thanks
goone30cea3
Ok I would not mix the sim with b&k. B&K is cold and dark sounding(no offense). I used to own a b&k ex 4420 and a pro10 mc preamp also b&k. The rotel has a warm touch to it so thats why you may not hear that coldness from the b&k. Krell also seems to be a good match with b&ws I also used a krell ksa150 on my 802s but krell also can be bright and analytical sounding. Thats why I sold it. If your mind is made up and you only want sim or classe then classe is the sure winner. If you want to step up higher try the mark levinson gear. Iam not sure what your budget is but I can help you put a wonderful system together if you like let me know how much you want to spend.If your budget is tight and you only use cds then get a great power amp and a great cd player that you can run directly with no preamp.( must have an anologe volume control) such as Levinson 39 which is a preamp and a cd player. Theta miles ,Metronome cd2v or the wadia gear but it has a digital volume control but it has adjustable gain stages. I hope I havent screwed you up? Let me know if I can help. Regards Daniel
Thanks a lot now you really screwed me up and have me thinking. No, I really like the Levinson amp 334 or 335 but it might be out of my budget range for now. I have heard the Sim and really like the bass slam it is so tight and deep but you are right the high kind of roll off and just a tiny bit harsh on the side. I have not heard CA-201 but heard the CA-151 Classe is more natural and sweet on the midrange and high but the bass is not that good so you know what I mean I am really confused and don't know what to do? Thanks again.
I drive my B&W Nautilus 803 with a W5. It sounds very good to me, fast, great bass and very neutral. I run it through a Blue Circle valve preamp and use amperex tubes which smooths out the high end, to my taste anyway. Which happens to cover a wide range of the musical spectum

Perhaps the reason that Simaudio loses value quickly is that it is overpriced in the US. In Canada a W5 can be had for $3k (US).

I think that it is a good match and it is worth considering
You can not go wrong with the Sim Audio W-5. I bought one about a year ago and totally quit trying to upgrade my system. Since I got it, all I do is listen and enjoy. The resale value is in line with other manufacturers. Most of the used units you see for sale are listed at the price of a new unit in Canada. The Levinson stuff does not compare with the Sim Audio products. I've seen and heard this product line and was not impressed. Try the Sim W-5. Excellent build quality, great sound and looks.
Msnloeth: To make at statement such as you did that the levinson doesnt compare to the sim is a very ignorant statement. The Sim gear is good but its not in the same league as the Levinson and most of the audio community will agree. Yes the Sim is biult well. Yes the Sim has good bass. The rolled off top end and the tizz you get in the b&w tweeter from the sim is not musical. The Levinson is much more refined than the Sim and far from rolled of actually its very sweet sounding and the mids are like liquid and the bass is great. I wonder if you know the diffrence between highend audio and ENTRY level high end. I didnt post this to disrespect anyone or to knock a good product but statements like that are just so far from true that it upsets me. GOONE you listen and make the choice its a no brainer when you have them both together. Sometime the tweeter on top of the b&ws can be a tiny tiny bit brite in the syblince( which is the s in a word that the artist is singing) and thats why you should never put equipment that is even a little brite with them. B&Ws are great speakers. Feed them with good power. good luck