Silver v Copper wire phono cable

Getting ready to order new tonearm, have option for either copper or silver continuous phono cable from cartridge to preamp.  without the  opportunity to compare personally, I would like to hear how others would chose....my system is shown on this site...thank you

J

128x128jw944ts

Showing 14 responses by jw944ts

Well, I thank you all for the interesting discussion....I CHOSE to order, with no opportunity to audition, the FINEWIRE C37 Cryo Ag4N wire in the Reed 2G arm....hopefully it will turn out to be a good choice....

@mijostyn ​​​​@rauliruegas …thank you for your thoughts….you both sound more knowledgeable than I regarding the Reed arms.  The 3P is not the one with the laser contraption, so I do not imagine it is massively larger than the 2G….may I ask  you to expand on your thoughts about the bearing difference?  Is this thought of yours based on experience with the different arms or simply theoretical?  Further thoughts from you would be greatly appreciated!

thanks and happy holiday

j

@mijostyn I thank you....the AR was the first turntable I ever owned, the video is interesting...as I am no engineer, looking at photos does not hep me understand function...I owned an early Oracle for several decades, and now own the newest version; they clearly used some of the AR engineering ideas....BUT when it comes to arms, I am pretty much in the dark....have you owned and/or auditioned these two models I have interest in?  If not, has anyone?

cool; when my ancestors emmigrated from Eastern Europe in the late 1800s-early 1900s, quite a few settled in Mexico City....Im not sure if any still remain there, though...regardless, thanks again for your help!

@dover , thx for that info…”should be more accurate”….not quite as important as sounds better

@mijostyn here is a link you asked for, showing Oracle Delphi MkVI with Reed 2G, on Jacques Riendeau's personal table!!

May be an image of text that says 'D ORACLE'

@frogman welcome to the forum of opinions, bias, varied taste, measurements/no measurements...play at your own risk!

the choices, for me, will be FINEWIRE C37+cryo, OFC copper or Ag4N, in the Reed 2G

Thank you to all interested members

J

I chose continuous silver from cartridge to phono

preamp. I did not audition any other. It is my impression that silver is

somewhat more detailed/quicker, copper a little warmer. 
but that is anecdotal. Definitely get continuous is that is available to you, 

regardless of the material.