Signet TK100 LC cartridge. - Looking for Info

I acquired this cartridge as part of a larger purchase and briefly demo'd it on a Luxman PD 121 with the SME III low mass tonearm. It sounded great and very detailed with surprisingly good bass response to what I was expecting. As I am a LOMC guy I kept the demo brief and went back to my Fidelity Research FR1 MK3F on heavy tonearm. I since sold the SME and Luxman but kept the Signet as it intrigued me. 

I would like to ask if there are any other owners of this cart out there, and if so what are their thoughts on its performance and where you would rank it with other carts in your collection. Also what is the highest tonearm mass you would feel comfortable with putting this cart on. I have a Linn Ittok I would like to try it on but I'm not sure if this is too heavy.

Any comments or observations on this cart would be most welcome.

Thanks advance.

ateal

Showing 1 response by pdionne

Hi Ateal,

I just listed a TK100LC on ebay that unfortunately needs a stylus. It does have a sn of 047 on it so I do believe the myth that there was a limited edition. I got it from my brother in law who absolutely has to have the best of everything! I'll monitor this thread if you have any questions about it.