Shun Mook Record Weight

Is Shun Mook still around? Where can i find one of these weights??
rwd

Showing 5 responses by genesis168

The HRS analog disc is one of the better record clamps i can recommend. iMO, it does better than the original Harmonix TU812. Another clamp worth recommending is one made by Audio Tekne. Very open sounding.
I owned the Harmonix TU812 original. Did not like what it did to the sound. The shun mook is a totally different beast. And yes, the bass digs deep. I use other gabon ebony planks and blocks in my system and if not used properly, it will suck up some bass.

As for the price, its entirely up to you. Is it worth it? Depends on what you own. If you can drop 10+k on your analog front end, Im sure it will do justice.

As far as i know, Bill does not have lots of lumber to make these clamps anymore so getting one can be a challenge.
A shun mook is a shun mook. A fake is a fake. Just like everything else. I own one of these along with many other high end record weights/clamps. By far my favoirite in terms of music reproduction.
Give HRS a call. The Audio Tekne weight audioblazer has for sale is quite
a nice weight. The only shortcoming is the bass is a little on the leaner
side of things compared to the Harmonix but does not muddle things up
like the harmonix will. The Harmonix is fat sounding so if thats what your
system lacking and need a Iittle help in the bass region then its the weight
of choice. Entirely system matching.
Chrialex, the Shun Mook clamp will definitely work with the Project table you have. It’s not overly heavy. All Shun Mook pieces came laser etched with the logo on it so there wont be much trouble to have them authenticated. And yes the price of the clamp has easily tripled over the years from the early days due to the scarcity of the wood. I visited Bill 2 years ago and he told me that he only had enough wood to make less than 10 of the clamps.