Should i upgrade my Meridian 508.20 to 508.24?

System:Meridian 508.20 into an Audio Research LS-3 pre-amp via audioquest diamond interconnect;ditto on the interconnect into the Plinius 100 Mk III amplifier.The Plinius feeds Magnepan 1.6 speakers via bi-wired synergistic mk ii speaker cables.Lovan equipment stand.The plinius utilizes an NBS Master II powercable;the meridian utilizes a King power cable (which is a temporary fix,i intend to purchase a Purist Colussus II).All plugged into a Monster 2000 power strip.
I have not heard the meridian 508.24.I believe the upgrade price is approximately 600.OO.Thanks for your input,i am particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has upgraded. Any suggestions on a powercord for the meridian are also welcome.
mojo58

Showing 2 responses by rosstaman

I own the 508.24 and had it into a Audio Research LS16 preamp into a Plinius SA100 MKIII running Dynaudio Contour 3.3 speakers. It sounded great. I chose the 508.24 over the Audio Research CD-2 and the Mark Levinson 39. The 508.24 is very detailed with lots of air around each instrument. I've upgraded the preamp to a Audio Research Reference 2 and the amp to a Plinius SA250 MKIV, but, I'm keeping the 508.24. I use Shunyata's Viper v.2 Power Snakes for my cords. I haven't heard the 508.20, but at the time I was looking for a cd player, other audiophiles suggested that the 508.24 was significantly better. Is there anyway you can demo a 508.24 and make the comparison for yourself?
A couple of Meridian 508.24 reviewers on audioreview.com did make the upgrade and thought it was very worthwhile.