Should I upgrade my Advent 5002 speakers?

I’m currently using a pair of Advent 5002 speakers.  I love them but feel like I may be missing a bit using such old speakers.  I’m using an ARC SP-14 with a pair of Luxman MB-3045 amps.  I’ve been intrigued by MoFi SourcePoint 10 speakers.  I know they’re new to the market, but does anybody have experience with the MoFi speakers?  I also have a pair of Boston Acoustics A400s that need refoaming and recapping.  I’m finally satisfied with everything else in my system but feel like the speakers may be the weak link in the chain.  Thoughts or suggestions?

128x128jdougs

Showing 2 responses by jdougs

@jasonbourne52 I really do like the Advents, but guess I’m just wondering if they’re a weak link in my system.  My listening is mostly jazz and rock, with a little classical thrown in from time to time.  Bass is only important in so far as the can accurately reproduce it, but I don’t want it thumping when it shouldn’t be.  I’d like to keep the size pretty close to the Advents and the price under $4000.  I’m more concerned with accurate than loud.  The MoFi speakers seem to fill both of those desires, but they’re still pretty new so there’s not a ton of info on them yet but what there is is glowing.  

Should have mentioned that the crossovers have been rebuilt already, but always good advice for older speakers.