Should I keep the Turntable or sell it?

I’ve been back and forth on this decision for about a month, and the more I learn, the harder this decision gets.

Backstory: I won the brand new Cambridge Audio Alva TT turntable in an online contest in mid-May, and while it sounds great, I decided to list it for sale a couple weeks ago. I’ve always wanted to try out a Rega P6 or P3 with a really nice cart, because I feel like I’m not getting enough out of my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon. Prior to winning the Alva TT, I switched the Red Ortofon out for the Blue, and there was a great improvement in sound quality. But after comparing the Pro-Ject to the Alva TT and hearing what a $1700 turntable can sound like, I definitely am interested in exploring more high fidelity turntables. The issue is that I feel like I prefer the sound of tubes over solid state, and the Alva TT uses an integrated Alva Duo phono preamp for the RCA out, and their own DAC for the Bluetooth out if I want to go that route. I don’t have a ton of experience with tubes, and maybe it’s just the “cool factor” I actually like and I’m just having a placebo effect.

So I decided to list it for sale to try and get a Rega, because I heard so many great things about them. But over the last week or so, I’ve learned more about the Alva TT and how it uses Rega’s famous tonearm. I looked up the cart and it is listed at $500 separately, which is probably why it sounds better than the Pro-Ject w/ Ortofon Blue. I’ve also read on these boards about direct drive being better than belt, which the Alva has as well. It also has the added bonus of Bluetooth that go directly to my KEF LS50 Wireless, but I would most likely just use interconnects.

So I would love to get some advice from you all. I’ve gone back and forth about keeping the Alva or selling it, along with my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, and buying/trading for something like a Rega P3 or P6. If you had my first world problem, what would you do?
bignamehere
@stereo5 me being snarky would look like...  “what’s your point?”

me responding to an ambiguous statement looks like... “so, what’s your point or purpose of that statement?”

The additional clarification, and extra effort, removes the “snark”... for most people. 

You didn’t ask any questions, nor reference a statement made in this thread. Do you believe the two statements below communicate the same thing?

1. ”I was under the impression Clearaudio manufactured the Marantz turntable.”

2. “Since the Marantz is manufactured by Clearaudio, why not just purchase a Clearaudio turntable?”

The first statement, with the use of the idiom “under the impression” implies your understanding of something is in direct conflict with what has been stated. Since that topic was never debated nor discussed, using the idiom doesn’t fit in the context of the discussion.

Secondly, why would you assume anyone would derive your underlying point of buying a Clearaudio instead of the Marantz from your posting? There is nothing at all in your statement that would suggest a recommendation to buy a Clearaudio table instead of the Marantz, but thank you for the clarification.

My response to what you intended to communicate would be “cost”. The retail cost of a basic Clearaudio Concept is $1800. When I listened to both turntables, the sound quality coming from the Marantz ($1499 w/ Virtuoso cart) is much better in every way than the sound quality of a Clearaudio Concept w/ MM cart. With $1500 being the top of my budget, and repeatedly stating I am not looking to purchase a table for “upgrade paths”, the Clearaudio isn’t a wise purchase for me. Your opinion may differ.

@mulveling

See cost/budget statement above. If I had the money, I would buy the Clearaudio Concept (bamboo) with the Virtuoso V2 cart or buy a nice Clearaudio MC cart and purchase a midrange MC Tube Phono stage. I can currently buy a Classic SB with Sumiko BP#2 HOMC for $1100 (open box), and have extra $$ to roll some nice tubes. Or I can buy the Marantz at retail and still be on budget.

I have seen a number of Clearaudio Concept basic packages being sold on eBay for $1399 from foreign dealers, which makes me a bit skeptical. Any experience with buying from overseas dealers for a large discount? 
Don’t buy new from foreign dealer on eBay.
And BPS is not the best option, to put it as diplomatically as I can.
@lewm what is BPS? Also, what have you directly experienced with an overseas dealer? There are a couple listed as demo/show models as well. Obviously, if I can save $500 on a table, I’m definitely going to try, but don’t know the overseas market.
Also, has anyone had any good or bad experiences with HiFi Heaven (hifiheaven.net)? They have a large number of display model and open box tables for sale.
OP
I have purchased quite a number of items from HiFi Heaven and still have a number of pieces in use in my HT system.
I have found them to be very prompt and professional and very fairly priced and ready to strike a deal if you call them direct .

I purchased a new $4000 integrated amp from them and it arrived with a scratch on the top from brutal UPS handling ( looked like they had tried to run over the box with an 18 wheeler!). There was no quibble and after sending them pictures they replaced it and had damaged one sent back all within about 4 days.

Just my experience, YMMV.