Should I add a stereo preamp?

I have Paradigm S4 v1 speakers driven by Emotiva UPA-1 amps. I am currently using a Pioneer Elite VSX23. Would something like a Parasound 2100 improve 2 channel performance compared to the receiver? I am using a sub and everything is connected to the receiver digitally to avoid adc to dac for using the crossover.
danny01
I use to run some paradigms. I was using their statement amp with a 3k denon receiver as a preamp . Switched to a paradigm avm30 and heard a huge difference . I think a different controller or a dedicated preamp would make a big improvement for you as well .
For music sources at the moment I am using a PC playing flac files on foobar2000 though the coax out of a nuforce udac2. (The analog outs go to a headphone amp). I also use a Macbook playing ALAC connected to the receiver via toslink. For analog, I have a Audio Technica Atlp120 tt with Shure m97xe. As far as my goals, I would like analog bass management so that I can use my sub with a better outboard usb dac. I also want a decent phono pre as I am currently using the one built in to the turntable. And lastly,although I'm not sure if a preamp would help, I want a bit more preaence of the midrange. Basically I want to know what I can do to get to most out of my speakers. Sorry if what I'm saying doesn't make sense. This is my first real system.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention ht bypass is a must as this is also my 5 channel movie system. Thanks.