Should Amps be plugged into a power conditioner?

Greetings,

After reading about the amplifier hum, it was mentioned that some knowledgeable people say NOT to plug an amp into a power conditioner. Plug it directly into a wall outlet. Thankfully, I do not have a hum issue, but am curious as to what others say about where to plug your amp into. 

Thank you!

jgjg123

Showing 1 response by jsalerno277

One of the most respected power conditioner and cable companies, Shunyata, specifically designs the Denali and Everest lines with both high current and low current zones. The high current zone is designed for pre and power amps.  The low current zones for digital components.  I use a Denali and plug my integrated amp into the high current  zone and do not get hum.  SQ is improved over directly plugging the integrated amp into the wall (quieter background, more detail, better bass definition, timbre,  imaging and staging). I do not hear any reduction in transient speed, leading edge, and there is better impact.  Well designed conditioners like Shunyata, Audience, Nagra, Etc. will bring improved SQ to high current components.  I would not chance plugging in any of my components directly into the wall and chance damage from surges.