Shop in Pittsburgh? Want to listen to 845 amp.

Hello,

I've been in Pittsburgh for a year now and haven't stumbled across any high-end shops, and have yet to see any advertise online. There's has to be at least one, doesn't there?

I'm someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Specifically want to check out the 845 sound. Thanks.
angaria

Showing 1 response by dpac996

Short story for you: I frequented "The Audio Gallery" under both owners: Michael and Howard. Back when Michael was owner I was in high school and eventually bought an Adcom GFA 555MKII and Theta Pro Prime II. Michael was nice to put up with me and my buddy Eric-- we made it a near weekly trek from the south hills to listen to the high end gear. Michael had a nice line of Thiel/Audio Research components along with good listening room acoustics. They sold acoustic panels, "Room Tunes" (Michael Green??)--also bought a complete set. There was a technician, Anders, I believe, who was very good with tube equipment. I was into modifying Audio Alchemy (DDE 1.0) DAC's at the time and, once when Howard was owner, he let me compare it to a high dollar Theta piece over Thiel CS 2.2's run by a big ARC tube amp. The little DDE was awesome, but no Theta overall. Anyway it was funny because Howard thought he was listening to the Theta when in fact it was the puny DDE 1.0 "ahh listen to that Theta!". He turned red when reality hit. I wonder where they are today? Did "Let's Make Music" move/close?

In 2009 I moved from DC area back to Pgh area and miss the brick and mortar offering of NOVA. O well adapt to change or die, they say!