Shindo vs the world

Shindo keeps coming up as a highly responded brand with incredible products that have great sound quality. My question only to prior owners is do you still have your shindo amp or preamp? If not why did you sell and also did you find something else you liked better? What about something cheaper that you liked more.

smodtactical

I still have my Haute Brion, Vosnee Romanee, and Latour 604 speakers.   This ended my search and I have no desire to upgrade or chase a different rabbit at this time.  This combination works best in a medium to large room.  Currently the system is in a smaller space than is ideal, but it sounds very good nonetheless.  Speaker placement, relative to room and listener, is the most important thing.

Since Kondo (Audionote) and Shindo are covered let’s add Wavac to the discussion. The EC300b design by Nobu Shishido is arguably the greatest 300b amp ever conceived and its interstage capacitorless transformer coupling creates an immediacy that in my experience isn’t available elsewhere. Wavac’s preamps are the rarest of beasts and if you run horns its passive ATT-S is again hard to beat. As far as speakers are concerned other than those mentioned Auditorium23 and Teresonic are worth a listen.

Ah, Shindo Audio, truly a masterpiece in the world of home audio! As a proud owner of Shindo Audio equipment since the early 2010s, I can't help but gush about the remarkable qualities that make this brand so amazing, especially when paired with my beloved Giscours pre-amplifier, Lafon GM70 tube amplifiers, Devore Orangutan speakers, and Sablon or A23 cables.

First and foremost, Shindo Audio embodies the essence of audio craftsmanship. Each component is meticulously handcrafted with the utmost attention to detail and precision. The commitment to using the finest quality materials and components is evident in every aspect of their equipment, from the robust chassis to the exquisite finishes. The dedication to craftsmanship translates directly into the exceptional sonic performance that audiophiles crave.

Now, let's talk about the sound quality itself. The Giscours pre-amplifier and Lafon GM70 tube amplifiers from Shindo Audio are nothing short of a revelation. The tube amplification technology they employ adds a warm, natural, and harmonically rich character to the music that is simply enchanting. When paired with my Devore Orangutan speakers, the result is a sonic experience that transcends mere sound reproduction – it's an emotional journey through the music itself.

Shindo Audio equipment is often renowned for its ability to extract the finest nuances and subtleties from music recordings. It's like discovering new layers in your favorite tracks that you never knew existed. The level of detail and realism it offers is simply unparalleled, making you feel like you're right there in the recording studio or at a live concert.

For me, what truly sets Shindo Audio apart is its ability to convey the emotional essence of music. It's not just about accurate reproduction; it's about the soul, the passion, and the feeling that music evokes. The synergy between the Giscours pre-amplifier, Lafon GM70 tube amplifiers, and my Devore Orangutan speakers is magical. It breathes life into music, making it an immersive and emotionally resonant experience.

So, for me, my experience with Shindo Audio equipment has been nothing short of awe-inspiring. The craftsmanship, sonic excellence, and emotional depth it brings to my music collection are unparalleled. If you're a fellow audio enthusiast who seeks not just sound but a transcendent musical journey, Shindo Audio should be at the top of your list. It's not just audio equipment; it's a gateway to the soul of music.

@smodtactical  I have the Shindo Corton-Charlemagne EL34 monos powering Avantgarde Duo horn speakers. I consulted Art Dudley before buying them and he strongly encouraged me to go ahead! To answer your question, another one very engaging and organic sound devices I have is the German Thoress Preamplifier with his Thoress 300B monos. I love my Thoress the same way I love my Shindos as both are audio gear masterpieces with the rare ability to extract the finest nuances and subtleties from music.

Post removed