Shindo Aurieges with Pass Labs x250.5

Anyone try this combo? Looking for a good pre match. Thx

chazzy12
A friend a couple of years ago brought a smaller Pass labs Power amp ( don't remember the model) Hooked it up to my Auriges. It was really very nice. I would think this would be a good combo
Alan

Your Shindo is 5kohm!!! output impedance, (Stereophile "manufacturer's specified output impedance is 5k ohms") and really should be used with amps that are 50kohm or higher input impedance.

The Pass X250.5 from what I could find is 20kohms and really needs a preamp with below, say 1kohm output impedance.

Not saying it won't work, just that the Pass may load down the Shindo a bit, and you may not get the best out of it. 

It's silly to have output impedances this high for active pre's or sources.

Cheers George

BTW the Shindo's 5kohm output impedance would be fine with their own amps, as they range from 100kohm to 250kohm input impedance.

Cheers George 

The impedance mismatch was there when I listened to the Auriges/Pass combo and as I said it sounded outstanding. Sometimes you have to try the combination no matter what theory said. Listening trumps theory most of the time
Alan
I would have to agree. How it sounds is the most important thing to me. Thanks for the input.

A friend a couple of years ago brought a smaller Pass labs Power amp ( don’t remember the model)

• The impedance mismatch was there when I listened to the Auriges/Pass combo and as I said it sounded outstanding.

If you don’t remember your friends model of Pass as you said, it may have well been a good impedance match, as not many Pass amps are this low (20kohm) input impedance, most are much higher.

Cheers George