Shelter 90X Tracking Force

What is the best for the 90X. I a full blown LP-12/Ittok LV II arm. I am currenlty tracking at 1.9 gm based on my dealer recommendation.
xagwell

Showing 3 responses by sirspeedy70680e509

Thom,you simply cannot love the Phantom!!Think of what it would do to your fan base!!-:)

Best!
Hey Thom,the Durascale 100 looks to be a SUPERB product.With the modification you are going to do to it,it would be hard to beat.I love the fact that it has a thirty year warrantee!I like quality stuff.
Could you elaborate as to when you will be selling this(with ledge/shelf mod),and what it would cost.If I could fit it in my budget,I'd consider selling my cute new,but cheap looking,guage.

Best!
Thom,as usual some great stuff.I'm becoming a real fan!BTW,you are quite knowledgable(must have come from "being at the feet of Frank Schroder" so much),but you would have a bit more credibility if you could post,"sometimes",without mentioning the two arms,you always seem to do.Believe me,I mean no disrespect,and realize these are relevant to your thoughts,often.

The Triplanar is a wonderful arm.The Schroder(particularly the REF)is probably FANTASTIC.Personally I have been pushing a friend to spring for one,so I already know how potentially good it "probably" is!I know this stuff already,and that you like these fine arms.

I prefer it,and benefit most,when you showcase your superb knowledge of all things analog,exclusively!

BTW-I have mentioned in past threads how the 2.2's damping fluid can act on the resonant factor,when attending to tracking force.So it "has" been mentioned,in these forums,yet I DO get the impression that when I address "anything" 2.2 the hands of many of our favorite forum posters go up to their ears,faster than a good magnetic protection circuit!But we can always go back to our favorite products of choice.Truthfully,though I have been accused of being a "promoter/defender" of the 2.2,I could care less who likes it and who does not.Yet,as you would attempt to correct any misinterpretation of your table,I feel the jury,for me,is out regarding how the 2.2 would perform against any of the past comparisons.OOPS,I hear those hands to ears!

BTW-I love the Pressure guage info,and am looking forward to your mod to the guage you mention.You should be aware(if not already)that the small guage being marketed on Audiogon,for 95 bucks is superb,and meets all the criteria you mentioned.I just got one,though I'd have liked it to look more like it didn't come as a free gift in a cereal box!

Sorry if any of my post smacks of condescension!I mean NO disrespect,and totally love all your posts!!

Best!

Also,I have mentioned,in many past threads