Shelter 901 vs. Dynavector XX-2 or TE Kaitora

Hi Guys; It is time for me to upgrade my cartridge and I am looking at the above mentioned cartridges. Has anybody compared them in their system? My present setup is a Benz H2 on an SME V on a Sota Star III, I was looking for more transparency as well as extended but controlled bottom end, loose bass drives my Infinity Betas nuts. Thanks in advance. ARCmania
128x128arcmania

Showing 2 responses by tonnesen

I'm also considering getting a shelter cartridge, I recently bought a used Oracle Delphi which has a Premier MMT tonearm. Do you know if the Premier MMT would work well with the Shelter cartridges? Any other suggestions for tone arms that would work well with the Oracle Delphi? (There is a used Delphi for sale on Audigon now which has the the Rega RB600 tone arm.) Thanks!
Ditto, Twl, thanks for the info on the MMT and the suggestion on the OLS tonearm. I see that you have the OLS and Shelter 501 on your Teres table - do you think that is a good match all around, or would you upgrade either the cartrige or arm to better match the table? I've also been considering the Teres 245 sometime in the future and was thinking I should get a cartridge and arm now that would work well with the 245. Thanks for the advice.