Shelter 901 vs. Dynavector XX-2 or TE Kaitora

Hi Guys; It is time for me to upgrade my cartridge and I am looking at the above mentioned cartridges. Has anybody compared them in their system? My present setup is a Benz H2 on an SME V on a Sota Star III, I was looking for more transparency as well as extended but controlled bottom end, loose bass drives my Infinity Betas nuts. Thanks in advance. ARCmania
128x128arcmania

Showing 5 responses by arcmania

Thanks Twl; The shelter gets much praise, which is why I am looking at it. Can you shed some light on the sonic diferences between these cartridges?
Gundam91;

Thanks for the heads up. I knew I would need more gain than the PH-2 I now have, so I tracked down an Audio Research MCP-2 to put in front of it. Later I will get a Manley Steelhead. I have heard this and it is fantastic, but the MCP-2 will let me get there in affordable stages.
Thanks FrankC, Japan Audio Trading Co references also show up on vinylasylum.com with many posts refering to his great price and service. This might just be the year to decorate my christmas tree with cd's (keep my busy while I wait for the shelter to come in).