Shelter 501 MKII vs. Sumiko Celebration on a P25?

Any opinions on those two carts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
cableplex
Sorry, but I haven't listened to the Benz line for quite some time. My memories of ten years ago were that it was a very good product. Still, my personal tastes have changed toward more detail/articulation and if the Benz house sound is the same now as before I stand by my earlier recommendations. Benz is a very respected product line that has done well by us audiophiles.
Thank you very much for the excellent reply. Much appreciated!!!

I have been looking at the ZYX Fuji F100 FS... Something else to consider!

What do you think of the Benz Ruby 2H?

Matt
My opinion is worth what you're paying for it. I like the 501 better than the 901, so a good choice. The Celebration is one of my favorites. I doubt it enjoys the qualities that some golden ears seek but it's one of the most enjoyable cartridges I've ever listened to and in its price range is a steal. FWIW, I recently went with a ZYX. There is a lot of new technology going on with this lineup. If you can imagine the best qualities of the Shelter line being retained with a smoothness akin to silk then this is very much worth your consideration. Two things about buying a ZYX. First, the importer, Sorasound, is worth doing business with. I cannot speak highly enough of the way he is doing business getting this line off the ground here in the US. Second, just arrange a phone call to him and do not go to the webiste link. IMO, it's more confusing than helpful. Also, there are members here that will help you a great deal with matching of the rest of your system to the right cartridge. The current pricing structure is very much in your favor too. Good luck but I doubt you'll need it. Both the 501 and Celebration are wonderful even if you don't consider the ZYX line.